About Cardinal Meyer Library
Cardinal Meyer Library opened in 1966 when Marian College, now Marian University, moved to its current campus. The building is named in honor of Albert Gregory Cardinal Meyer, the brother of former Registrar Sr. Mary Therese Meyer, CSA.
A Milwaukee native, Meyer was appointed Archbishop of Chicago in 1958. Named a cardinal the following year, Meyer served the largest Roman Catholic archdiocese in the U.S. until his death in 1965. Priest, teacher and spiritual leader, Cardinal Meyer is known as one of the foremost leaders of Vatican Council II.
Cardinal Meyer Library is the intellectual center of the Marian University Academic Community. It is integral to the University’s commitment to the education of the whole person, striving to nurture intellectual, spiritual, aesthetic, psychological, social, and physical dimensions.
Conscious of the expanding world of information, the library serves as an information center providing services and resources that support, supplement and enrich the curriculum of each discipline. Sensitive to personal needs, the library staff serves all members of the University community.