Tuition Refund Policy
Students are responsible for adding, dropping, and withdrawing from courses. This includes the completion and submission of Course Drop forms. The day on which the Office of the Registrar receives the Course Drop form is the official drop date. To avoid a failing grade, students must drop any courses not attended. Students who receive federal financial aid funding should check with the Office of Financial Aid when any changes are made in course registration for the semester. The following refunds and academic notations are applicable:
- For purposes of determining refund, the official date of course drop/withdrawal or University withdrawal is the day upon which completed course drop or withdrawal forms are received in the Office of the Registrar. Emails, phone calls or no longer attending class do not constitute a proper withdrawal from class. The required Course Drop form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
- The Office of Financial Aid has a separate Refund Policy for returning aid when a student withdraws from a course or the University.
- The refund policy also applies to students who are suspended or expelled for disciplinary reasons.
- Fees for courses dropped after the add/drop period are not refunded.
- Room charges are non-refundable.
- Appeals of the refund policy should be submitted to the Office of Business and Finance. Appeals must be submitted within 30 days of posting to a student account.
- Board refunds are made, with appropriately approved exceptions, on a pro-rated basis.
- Through the appropriate action of its administration and Board of Trustees, the University reserves the right to make changes in the above as financial and operational considerations may require. Changes in tuition or fees after publication of this bulletin are printed separately and are made available to all current and prospective students.
Policy – Effective Fall 2022 (for the 2022-23 Academic Year):
|Length of class||Amount of refund|
|7 weeks or longer:|
|After 2nd week||None|
|3 to 6 weeks:|
|After 1st week||None|
|2 week Winterim:|
|Day 2 through 14||None|