PARKING INFORMATION 2018-2019
All vehicles parked on Marian University grounds from Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. must display a valid Marian University parking permit. This will begin on September 4, 2018 and continue through May 10, 2019. The permit sticker must be placed on the lower right corner of the passenger’s side windshield and outdated parking permits must be removed. Purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space, as parking is on first-come, first-serve basis. If a permit is stolen or lost, a replacement will be issued at the regular price.
All parking tickets must be paid within 14 business days or the ticket will receive a $10 late charge. Parking ticket appeals must be made within 7 days by completing an appeal form on the parking website. Any tickets paid within 7 days of issue will receive a $5 discount. Any citations not paid within 14 days will be turned over to the Office of Business and Finance to be added to student accounts.
The following points regarding parking on or around campus should be noted:
- Enforcement of University parking regulation will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday September 4, 2018. Permits must be displayed on all vehicles by this date. All vehicles parked on campus Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. must display a parking permit. (Please note: An appeal will not be granted on the grounds of negligence i.e. “I brought another vehicle and forgot to get a temporary pass.”)
- Permits go on sale soon. An email will be sent with the link. Assistance will be available at New Student Orientation for incoming students. Further assistance can be obtained by contacting Campus Safety and Security.
- Parking permits are non-refundable.
- Parking in restricted areas (President’s parking space, Guest of the President parking space, Sabre of the Month parking space, Guest parking, handicapped, fire lane, etc.) is a parking violation. Guest Parking is restricted to non-Marian patrons only (faculty, staff, and students are not allowed to park in these spaces).
- All visitors who wish to park on campus must receive a Temporary Parking Permit; limited to three days, from Marian One Stop (Marian University students that are registered for classes are not guests). Writing “visitor” on a parking ticket and returning it to Campus Safety will not void the ticket. Students are only allowed 2 temporary parking permits per semester with each temporary permit limited to 3 days.
- A valid parking space is defined as parking between two striped lines designated for parking.
- Parking on grass, sidewalks, perimeters of parking lots, or any driveways is a parking violation.
- Additional parking permits cost $30. Each student may register up to two vehicles. In order to receive a discounted price, students must show proof of ownership.
- The West side of National Avenue is designated as a no-parking area from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- No overnight parking is permitted on city streets (i.e. Division Street, National Avenue). The Fond du Lac City Police will ticket and/or tow illegally parking cars in these areas.
- The City Police also have jurisdiction to ticket cars on campus parked in fire lanes and handicap stalls.
- Beginning November 15 until March 15, the City of Fond du Lac Police Department will enforce the winter parking ordinance daily from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. The ordinance is based on a commonly used odd-even concept. On even calendar days, residents may only park on the even address side of the street. On odd calendar days, parking is allowed only on the odd side. For detailed information see: https://www.fdl.wi.gov/departments.iml?DeptID=9&DeptPage=148
ENROLLED STUDENTS MAY PURCHASE A PARKING PERMIT BY CLICKING HERE AFTER JULY 15 FOR THE UPCOMING ACADEMIC YEAR https://www.permitsales.net/MarianU
Detailed information pertaining to parking can be found online at or by contacting Campus Safety and Security at 920.923.8950 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.