DUBUQUE, Iowa – Marian University baseball (7-5, 0-0 NACC) was defeated 7-1 and 7-6 in a road doubleheader at Dubuque.
- The Marian offense had a tough time in the opening game of the twin bill.
- The Spartans would score multiple runs in three innings to account for its seven runs.
- Sophomore Gus Walker drove in a run in the ninth with a single to end the shutout.
- One bad inning proved to be the difference as the Sabres fell just short of salvaging a split.
- Marian was able to score a run in the first before taking a 4-0 lead going into the bottom of the third.
- Senior Jeremy Laffoon drove in a pair of runs in the third to highlight a three-run third.
- Dubuque then answered scoring six runs in the third inning to go ahead 6-4.
- Laffoon drove in a run in the fifth to cut the Sabre deficit down to one only to have the Spartans hit a home run in the seventh to put the score at 7-5.
- Marian was able to once again cut the deficit down to one when junior Logan Rademan doubled to score a run in the top of the eighth.
- The Sabres were able to put the tying run in scoring position in the ninth but couldn’t bring the run across.