MADISON, Wis. – Marian University women’s lacrosse (7-7, 2-3 NACC) defeated Edgewood 16-8 in a crucial NACC match-up.
- The Sabres were able to start fast taking a 6-2 lead after the first 15 minutes of action.
- A slower-paced second quarter saw Edgewood trail Marian 7-4 going into halftime.
- Marian was able to pull away to open the third quarter scoring the first four goals.
- The Eagles were able to score five of the next seven goals to trail just 13-8.
- Marian put the game away in the final seven minutes, however, scoring the final three goals of the game.
- Marian limited Edgewood to five or fewer shots in all four quarters finishing with a 34-14 advantage.
- The Sabre defense was also able to force 38 turnovers and hold the Eagles to 17-of-31 (.548) on clears.
- Marian had a 35-29 edge in ground balls and 17-10 advantage in draw controls.
- The Sabres host Beloit in the final game of the regular season Tuesday, April 25 and with a victory will clinch a spot in the NACC Tournament for the first time in program history.