APPLETON, Wis. – Marian University women’s hockey (2-6-1, 2-4-0-0 NCHA) was locked into a defensive battle against Lawrence that saw the Sabres tie the Vikings 1-1 with a 1-0 shootout victory in non-conference action.
- The Sabres were able to open the scoring just 3:23 into the game when senior Aeryn Olson scored her first goal of the season with assists from junior Allie Kieffer and senior Hannah Cunha.
- This would be all the scoring the game would see until the second half of the third period.
- The Vikings would find an equalizer with just 6:21 to play in the game to force overtime.
- The goaltenders continued to dominate leading to a shootout that saw the first two pairs of shooters miss.
- Kieffer would net the lone goal of the shootout in the final Marian attempt.
- Marian was outshot 37-26 for the game despite outshooting the Vikings in the first two periods. Lawrence held a 25-11 in shots over the third period and overtime.
- Face-offs were nearly even with Lawrence holding a 32-30 advantage.
- Neither team netted a power-play goal with the Sabres having two chances and Lawrence three.
- Marian remains unbeaten against Lawrence with a 6-0-1 record all-time.