Holy Family College and Marian University have entered into an articulation agreement that will allow students of the Manitowoc-based college to complete their education through Marian at a cost potentially less than their original price of attendance at Holy Family College.
Holy Family College, formerly Silver Lake College, announced on Monday it will cease operations at the end of the summer term and discontinue all operations by Aug. 29.
“We feel for the students impacted by Holy Family College’s decision and will do everything we can to make sure they’re taken care of and able to earn their degree on-time and on-budget,” said Marian Acting President Dr. Michelle Majewski. “The agreement was a natural fit for the missions of both institutions and we’re eager to help Holy Family College students continue their journey and earn a degree.”
Marian University leadership is working with Holy Family College partners to ensure the transferability of all credits earned by:
- Direct transcripting of Holy Family College courses as Marian equivalents
- A review of all programs to provide articulation of course equivalencies
- Mapping of Holy Family College and Marian curricula to state licensure standards in Nursing and Education to establish progression plans for transferring students to earn licenses in these fields as degree seeking students at Marian.
- Identification of any curricular gaps and as needed the creation of specialized coursework to address any potential gaps.
As a result of Marian offering the lowest net tuition of Wisconsin’s 24 private colleges and universities, transferring Holy Family College students will be able to maintain a cost of attendance that does not exceed what the student planned to pay to complete their degree at Holy Family College. This promise from Marian is multifaceted:
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, Marian will match or reduce each student’s out of pocket cost of attendance through its financial aid packaging parameters.
- If a student must take any additional credits through Marian due to factors like curriculum alignment issues in licensure programs, the student will be offered any additional courses they would not have been required to complete through Holy Family College free of charge at Marian.
Marian is also establishing dedicated resources for these students, including assistance with admissions, understanding the Holy Family College articulation agreement, advising and financial aid, and the creation of a webpage containing information specifically to be used by transferring Holy Family College students.