Customer Service Coordinator
Position Title: Customer Service Coordinator
Department Financial Aid
Reports To: Director of Financial Aid
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing support to the Financial Aid Office by processing financial aid and meeting with prospective and current students and parents to educate them on the financial aid processes in an effort to recruit and retain qualified students.
Counseling and Customer Service: 70%
- Counsels and builds relationship with prospective and current students and families by assisting with the financial aid application procedure and need analysis through multiple modalities (text, phone, in-person, email, and mail).
- Serve as primary customer service for the financial aid office. Assist as initial contact for telephone or walk-in inquiries. Handles routine inquiries and/or routes to appropriate staff if necessary.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
- Assist in increasing the percentage of FAFSA filers with current, on-campus and on-line learners, as well as incoming students.
- Maintains confidentiality and security in regard to all information and records.
- Provides in-person or web-based customer service to students/families on the availability of aid and process for determining awards available to the student.
- Represent the office of Financial Aid during on-campus events such as individual registrations, campus tours, open houses, New Student Registrations, and payment solutions presentations.
Office Management: 20%
- Maintains a working knowledge of financial need analysis and award systems; assists in awarding financial aid to new and continuing students.
- Responsible for maintaining/tracking records for new and continuing students in appropriate software programs.
- Responsible for standard office procedures including opening and closing the office, scheduling appointments, distributing mail, filing, internal forms, maintenance requests, supply inventory, calendar maintenance, and destruction of older files.
- Hires, Trains, Coaches, Supervises front desk student employees.
Other Responsibility: 5%
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a college admission and/or financial aid work environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
Education, Experience, and Skills Preferred:
- Master’s degree.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking.
- Prior Power Campus and Power FAIDS experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Customer Service Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.