|Position Title: ||Admission Counselor (Amended 9/21/2020 – Two Positions) |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Enrollment Services |
|Reports To: ||Dean of Admission |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by leading the recruitment and retention efforts to increase the student population of traditional undergraduate students.
- Serves as an active member of the enrollment team; assists with special programs and research projects; participates in the development and implementation of enrollment strategies, supporting diversity and inclusion.
- Serves as an active member of the Marian University Diversity and Inclusion Task Force.
- Identifies, recruits and enrolls prospective students in an assigned geographic territory, uses past data to plan and arrange all phases of travel.
- Manages high school visits, attendance at college and career fairs, including the Wisconsin Education Fairs, home visits, campus visits, tele-counseling, written correspondence, and financial aid discussions.
- Identifies guest speaker opportunities at community events and represents Marian University in doing so.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with school guidance counselors through visits and special programs.
- Positively represents Marian University and its core values to advance its strategic agenda of increasing enrollment, retention, and overall institutional quality.
- Researches and provides accurate information about Marian University’s degree programs and admission procedures.
- Effectively communicates Marian University education benefits and opportunities to potential students, from initial inquiry to time of enrollment.
- Coordinates on-campus and off-campus events.
- Conducts information sessions and individual appointments when necessary.
- Completes student leads on a timely basis by contacting them through mail, telephone, texting, campus visits, social media, email and public appearances.
- Participates and assist in the planning of Student Orientation Advising and Registration days.
- Participates in work related evening and weekend events.
- Evaluates high School transcripts, ACT and SAT board scores. Makes decisions on admission and scholarship levels.
- Provides financial aid information to prospective students and families, including explanation of the financial aid process; works with the family to determine a comprehensive financial plan for attendance at the University.
- Manages data availability, integrity, and security and oversees backup and recovery strategies for enterprise databases.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all information and records.
- Communicates effectively with Enrollment Services members to meet enrollment goals.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University Community.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in higher education preferred; admission or sales preferred. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to travel and work with student in rural, urban, and metropolitan areas.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and register with the University as an authorized driver.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office and Web tools essential.
- Ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality and security of all student information and records.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students to develop strong relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment.
- Willingness to support the mission and core values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Admission Counselor’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.