Decades of research and experience lend a holistic approach to the program. Topic areas covered as you study online for your ARAE include:
● The methods for becoming more effective with at-risk youth in any educational setting.
● How to assess and implement alternative teaching methods, techniques, and programs.
● Develop a better understanding of the risk factors involved with vulnerable youth, particularly those from abusive or impoverished backgrounds.
● Incorporate a holistic view of the social and economic influence on all youth. Learn how to apply this broad view to specific contexts.
● How to clinically assess individual needs in order to develop and implement specific strategies based on the learner’s strengths, talents, and learning styles.
● Gain skills with digital tools to enhance learning.
● Study social justice issues, including dimensions of legal and adjudication issues.
● Instruction in differential instruction, response to intervention, and PBIS programming.
● Training in resilience, stress, and mental health issues.
Students learning from each other, sharing their hope, strengths, and experience is another important component of the program.