Marian University offers students the opportunity to participate in its 2-week externship program, allowing students to gain firsthand experience at a sponsor organization by observing and engaging in a career field that interests them before they pursue further education.
During the externship, students will:
- Tour the sponsor organization
- Assist with specific projects for a hands-on experience
- Attend organizational / departmental meetings
- Meet with the human resources department to discuss needed job skills, hiring procedures orientation processes, etc.
- Shadow a staff member or team to get a sense of the organization’s culture and values
- Meet one-on-one with staff members to learn about the field
Connect with Career Services for more information.