Association for Death Education and Counseling
An Inspired Partnership
Inspired to provide the best of care
Marian University holds a partnership with the Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC), offering quality higher education programming and service opportunities to members of ADEC.
This agreement supports an environment where both Marian University and the Association for Death Education and Counseling will work collaboratively to support the educational needs of students interested in Marian’s Master of Science in Thanatology and Graduate Certificate in Thanatology program. The partnership also offers a tuition discount to ADEC members.
Marian University’s Master of Science in Thanatology and Graduate Certificate in Thanatology are offered in a 100% online format, allowing working professionals the opportunity to earn a degree in a way that meets their needs.
Inspired to learn
This partnership offers students the ability to earn their master’s degree or graduate certificate in a format that focuses on the development of the whole person.
- Courses are offered entirely online, with no residency requirement.
- Each course runs a traditional semester, allowing students the time needed to comprehend each topic.
- Master’s degree can be completed in as little as two years; certificate in as little as 1 year.
- Through this partnership, students will receive a 20% discount off tuition on thanatology programs, degree or certificate.
- Students engage with Marian University faculty and take part in student-centered programming and receive personal, one-on-one attention.
For more information on our thanatology program, watch Janet McCord, Ph.D. discuss the program.