Transfer Credit Evaluation
Marian University evaluates credit in transfer for courses completed at colleges and universities accredited by a regional accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The award of transfer credit is based on faculty evaluation of the quality, comparability, and appropriateness of the learning experience provided through institutions and agencies other than Marian University. The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the verification of credit awarded through faculty evaluation, existing articulation agreements, and other formal arrangements with higher learning institutions or agencies.
Transfer credit considerations include:
- the educational quality of the learning experience which the student transfers;
- the comparability of the nature, content, and level of the learning experience to that offered by Marian University; and
- the appropriateness and applicability of the learning experience to the programs offered by Marian University, in light of the student’s educational goals.
To be eligible for transfer, course credit must meet the following criteria:
- The course must be completed with a passing grade, as defined by Marian University policy;
- The course must be offered through a regionally or nationally accredited institution of higher education;
- Courses, workshops and training programs offered by business, government, military and other non-collegiate agencies must be accredited by the American Council on Education (ACE);
- The course credit must be documented on an official transcript; and
- The course credit must have been earned no more than ten years prior.
Students who have earned credit for courses completed at colleges and universities that are not accredited by a regional accrediting organization recognized by CHEA may petition the Office of the Registrar to conduct a transfer evaluation of those credits according to Marian University policy.
For more information regarding transfer credit evaluation, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920.923.7618.