Master of Science in Management Online
Advanced Business Degree – Online MS in Management
Marian University offers a 100% online Master of Science in Management for professionals who aspire to advance in their careers. Be prepared to move into leadership roles as you expand your business knowledge and develop effective managerial skills.
The MS in Management is a versatile and affordable alternative to the MBA. Graduates of this degree program are in high demand. You will learn the foundation of best business practices while developing the effective problem-solving skills required to successfully manage business operations in any field. If your professional path is leading you toward managerial roles, this degree program is designed for you.
As a Student in Marian’s MS in Management Program, You Will Benefit From:
- 100% online course format
- Six possible starts per year
- Choose new courses every 7 weeks
- Custom degree completion plans designed for individuals to set their own pace
- Finish your degree in as few as 15 months
Complete Your MS in Management in 15 Months! Learn More.
MPath Online Program Schedule: 7-Week Accelerated
In about 15 months, graduate ready to launch your career forward, increase your salary, and open the door to qualify for more opportunities in your field. Reach your goals with small class sizes, faculty feedback, and in-depth topic discussion. Through the program custom-made for busy adult learners, take 7-week non-sequential courses which are often without prerequisites.
Master of Science in Management Curriculum
Our curriculum is grounded in principles that help today’s leaders adapt to the changing business world of tomorrow. The Master of Science in Management program prepares students for leadership and managerial roles and promotes the development of ethical leaders. Marian graduates are prepared to transform businesses through an innovative approach to their work. You can expect to advance leadership skills through mastery of relevant subject matter in just 10 (3-credit) courses in areas such as Business Analytics, Leading Teams, Operations Management, and Managerial Accounting & Control.
Management majors will take courses covering topics such as:
- Project management
- Strategy and ethical decisions
- Leading ethically and responsibly
- Leading teams in a global economy
- Interpersonal leadership
- Business Acumen: Analyze the organization’s competitive position by considering the market and industry trends, existing and potential customers (internal and external), and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors, and use evidence to manage and lead within the organization.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrate professional practice in anticipating, recognizing, researching, and planning to address both technical problems and adaptive challenges in managing both opportunity and risk in the work of the organization.
- Personal Effectiveness: Develop and articulate a vision and goals in support of the business’ mission. Demonstrate skilled professional performance in diagnosis, design, and implementation of change processes that maximize the contribution of each person and resource you manage in the organization to attaining that vision.
- Communications: Use multiple communication skillsets (interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, networking, dialog) to achieve common understanding, build common cause and gain commitment and support for current and planned action from all stakeholders (including clients and customers).
- Managing and Leading: Manage and lead the professional development, and work of productive teams within the organization, based on vision, goals, interactive strategic planning, foresight, and evidence.
- Influencing Others: Develop relationships that enables stakeholders to find common ground, develop and display empathy, build bonds of trust, and negotiate decisions leading to mutually beneficial outcomes while advancing the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Thinking creatively and Innovatively: Think in divergent, creative and generative ways that result in innovative ideas, concepts, models, approaches, and solutions.
The MSM practicum is a culmination of theory and practical application. Through the completion of the experiential learning project, students will showcase their competencies and skills creating modern solutions for current business challenges. The practicum includes field-based exploration of projects and engaging work-related activities designed to broaden your approach as learners and leaders.
Marian’s Leader as Learner capstone course is a project-based course that helps students work collaboratively and use critical thinking with a high-degree of emotional intelligence. Students will apply learning from their program to solve a business leader/ managerial related problem.