Master of Science in Health Care Administration – Online
Earn your MS HCA in less than 2 years!
Seven-week classes. Hands-on experience. 100% online.
Marian University’s Master of Science in Health Care Administration (MS HCA) prepares students for an in-demand career as a leader in the ever-growing healthcare industry. Be ready to apply your leadership skills to the business side of hospitals, physician’s offices, mental health clinics, rehabilitation centers, or elder care providers, and move forward with an industry advantage.
By taking 10 focused, three-credit courses, those in the MS in HCA program will develop the business acumen, policy, and political savvy to thrive in today’s healthcare industry. Featuring a timely curriculum in which learning and development are supported through relevant, work-related projects and initiatives, graduates will emerge with improved job knowledge and a better understanding of what it takes to advance their careers.
Embedded experiential learning will assist learners to develop the necessary skills and competencies for professional success, and in the final two courses, students engage in a project or initiative in which they will demonstrate skilled healthcare administration performance.
As a Student in Marian’s Health Care Administration Master’s Level Program, You Will Benefit From:
- 100% Online Classes
- A New Course Every 7 Weeks
- Applied, Real-World Skill Building
- Program Completion in 15-18 Months
If you are interested in taking your professional career in the direction of the business side of healthcare, you’ll benefit from Marian’s cutting-edge curriculum, and doctorate prepared, experienced instructors with HCA background.
Take your business background to the healthcare industry. Find out more!
Experiential Learning – A Core Component
The MS in Health Care Administration practicum will help you understand how to solve real problems within healthcare organizations. With guidance from faculty, you will be placed with a healthcare organization that is local and convenient. Graduate students will choose their own topic and complete research that culminates in a presentation or professional paper. Examples of topics include Integrating Healthcare and Medical Records (EMR), Quality and HCA, and Meeting the Demands in HCA.
MPath Online Program Schedule: 7-Week Accelerated
In about 18 months, graduate ready to make a difference in any healthcare-related business. Reach your goals with small class sizes, faculty feedback, and in-depth topic discussion. Through the program custom-made for busy adult learners, take 7-week non-sequential courses which are often without prerequisites.
Master of Science in Health Care Administration Curriculum
The Master of Science in Health Care Administration program prepares students for leadership and management roles in the healthcare industry. Marian graduates are ready to take on challenges in managing teams, patient safety, ethics, budget forecasting, interpersonal leadership, and so much more.
As a master’s student, you’ll move through the MPath program with a clear path ahead to your degree and the start of a new phase of your career. Comprehensive distance learning support and a robust, interactive learning experience available day or night round out your education. Marian recognizes where you’ve come from and what you need to move forward into the future you are envisioning.
Health Care Administration graduate students will take courses such as:
- Leading Teams in Global Economy
- Emotional Intelligence as a Catalyst for Change
- Health Care Policy
- Patient Safety – Quality – Futures and Trends
- Business Analysis – Data Mining
- HIPPA, Ethics, and Tort Law
Graduates will demonstrate these four foundational competencies:
- Critical thinking skills as a guide to intellectual integrity and empathy.
- A high level of metacognitive awareness, generating self-efficacy by knowing how they learn, knowing different strategies to use for learning, and implementing effective strategies in specific learning contexts.
- Communication skills that meet the needs of the profession, including verbal and nonverbal communication, and professional writing, presentation, and facilitation skills to ensure stakeholders are provided a deep and authentic interaction.
- A range of design-thinking strategies to further develop empathy and deepen understanding to overcome barriers and effectively integrate solutions into a wide range of experiences.