General Education Courses
As a bachelor’s level student, you are required to take about 30 credits of general education courses as part of the 120 credits required for a bachelor’s degree. Gen eds are required regardless of your major.
All students take 10.5 to 17 credits in these areas:
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Argumentative and Research Writing
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introduction to Ethical Reasoning
Sonography completion majors will take courses covering topics such as:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
The Marian University Diagnostic Medical Sonography BS Completion Program is designed for students who have successfully completed a DMS program through an accredited school or hospital and earned certification through ARDMS or CCI.
The Marian University Diagnostic Medical Sonography BS Completion Program provides students with a foundation in the liberal arts, building on their experiences to develop strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Students will also choose a minor from the following options: Business Administration, History, Management, Healthcare Administration, and Psychology.
To be accepted into the Marian University Diagnostic Medical Sonography BS Completion Program, you must:
- Possess an ARDMS or CCI credential (with education from an accredited school or hospital program)
- Have a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Complete the application process by clicking here
- Submit official transcript(s)