Marketing Content Writer
Position Title: Marketing Content Writer (regular, full-time)
Department: Office Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Assistant Vice President for Marketing and Communications
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by writing and managing marketing content for Marian University as a brand steward and storyteller, establishing marketing purpose, messaging, and brand promise, to purposefully convey Marian’s story to internal and external audiences.
- Brand steward and storyteller; ensure Marian’s brand promise and position within higher education is consistent in voice and message that promote community relations, and establish Marian’s presence as a leader in higher education.
- Implement and measure the success of comprehensive marketing and communication campaigns that will enhance Marian’s brand presence, create awareness of Marian’s academic programs, and support the Offices of Admission and Advancement.
- Develop key messaging for internal and external audiences across multiple platforms that conveys Marian’s brand promise, thought leadership content, and demand generation for admission.
- Assist in identifying segments, audiences, and messages for targeted campaigns in each stage of the prospective student’s or donor’s journey. Align messages with strategic institutional goals. Align content for SEO strategy and contribute to optimizing for inbound leads.
- Collaborate with Admissions, Advancement, and Academic Program Chairs to produce captivating stories that drive brand, admission message, and program awareness.
- Manage public relations and communications via content calendar and scheduling program. Write and distribute news releases and media pitches on behalf of the University.
- Provide oversight to Marian’s intranet and weekly communication email to faculty and staff.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, creative writing, English, communications, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with writing strategic and compelling content.
- Expertise and knowledge in writing across platforms including web pages, social channels, email, video, digital marketing, news releases, radio, and print publications.
- Ability to collaboratively work with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Marketing Content Writer’ in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: February 6, 2019
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.