Multitudes of opportunities!
Semester or year-long study abroad
- Earn Marian credit
- Over 50 countries & 200 programs
- Programs run through ISA
- Usually 2 weeks, Summer
- Poland, Ireland
- Model U.N. international trip
- 2 weeks
- Nicaragua, Uganda
Service and Internships
- Uniquely designed for each individual
Earn credit and keep up with your program (semester & year-long programs)
- We help you choose a program that fits your major and course needs
- Credits transfer back to Marian
- Stay on course to graduate
Costs are reasonable
- Semester and year-long programs accept financial aid
- Many affordable programs to choose from (some under $10,000/semester)
- Costs include: lodging, insurance, training, excursions
- Food, laundry, etc., sometimes included
- Scholarships and grants available!
Semester and year-long study abroad facts
- Marian semester and year-long programs are run through International Studies Abroad (ISA). ISA (along with Marian’s Study Abroad Program) administrates and coordinates all of the details between Marian, Marian students, and the partner universities worldwide.
- All trips include insurance, training, oversight, debriefing, etc.
- ISA takes responsibility for:
- Transferring credits back to Marian
- Training students in cross-cultural skills
- Orienting students to their study abroad country/culture
- Overseeing health, safety, and security for students while abroad
- Planning excursions to tourist and historical sites
- Providing housing (many options exist, including homestays, dorms, etc.)
- Providing evacuation or care in any emergency or crisis
- Debriefing and training after returning home
- ISA offers over 200 unique programs in 50 countries, and regularly creates individualized programs for students seeking specific experiences such as service learning, or internships.
- ISA recommends specific programs based on students’ major, and can help find courses and programs in most any region of the world
- ISA works with partner universities to provide English-language classes, as well as language-intensive classes
- Options for classes include courses with local students and courses with other international students from around the U.S. and the world
- ISA’s friendly staff are happy to work with students, parents, and faculty to facilitate smooth preparations and experiences
- Health and Safety
Please contact Cooper Wakefield, Faculty Director of Study Abroad, email@example.com