The Marian University Archives provides the Marian University Community information on the University’s history and corporate governance. Located in the Cardinal Meyer Library, the Archives is a closed collection available by appointment only. If you would like to view an item in the archives please fill out the Archives Request Form or contact Sarah Thibodeau at 920-923-8096 or srthibodeau64@marianuniversity.edu.  Due to physical space constraint, the archives preferred method of acquisition is digital.  Digital materials can be submitted via email to Sarah Thibodeau or sent via a USB drive to the library.

Faculty, staff and students are urged to submit materials that may contribute to the documentation of Marian’s history. The Archives accepts meeting minutes from all administrative bodies, committees, divisions, and student organizations. Other materials of interest include publications, correspondence and items related to college activities. Please read the Archives Policy for more details.

The University Seal

The seal of the University contains the motto “Sicut Lillium Inter Spinas” (from the Latin “As a Lily Among Thorns”). A circle of thorns surrounds the center portions of the seal, which features a torch (the symbol of wisdom), emerging from the lily (a symbol of Mary, purity and new life). Sister Vera Naber, first Academic Dean and third president of the University, designed the seal in 1937 for the purpose of authenticating transcripts. A replica of the seal in ceramic tile mosaic, the work of Sisters Pascal Lowes and Agnessa Ruder, is in the floor of the lobby of the Administration Building.