How can I obtain a library card?

Your Marian University Photo ID card is your library card. If you do not have a Marian University ID, call the Student Affairs Office at 920.923.7666.


What are the library hours?

Library Hours are posted on the library Web page and on the MyMarian Portal. Because exam week, holiday and summer hours vary, it is important to consult the library Web page or MyMarian.  Closings due to inclement weather are published on the MyMarian portal.


How can I access information from off campus?

To access the library’s databases, e-books and online periodicals from off campus, you will need a Marian University email address and password. For more information, see the Off-Campus Access page.

If I can’t find the information I need, where can I get help?

Help is available in person and online.

Self-help is also available.

  • Consult the Reference and Research Services page where you will find links to Database Guides and Tutorials and SabreSearch help.
  • Subject specific tutorials are available via Marian Online 2. Your username is the first part of your Marian University email address — i.e. everything before “” Your password is your Marian University email password.


What journals are available from the library’s print and online collections?

To locate journals by title or subject, go to the library Web page and search Journals A to Z.

How can I obtain books and journal articles that are not part of the Cardinal Meyer Library print and electronic collections?

Materials not owned* by the Cardinal Meyer Library may be requested via interlibrary loan.

  • Fill out a book or article request form available at the Circulation Desk.
  • Submit a Book or Article request form available on the Web page.
  • Submit a request via SabreSearch via the “Request through Interlibrary Loan” link.
  • Submit interlibrary loan forms found within databases such as EBSCOhost.

*Outreach students and faculty — i.e. persons enrolled in or teaching only online classes or off-campus sites — may submit a Book or Article request form for materials owned by the Cardinal Meyer Library. Materials will be sent via U.S. Mail to the patron or delivered to the outreach site. Patrons are responsible for returning books insured via U.S. Mail or UPS. For more information, see the Interlibrary Loan Web page.

I am a faculty member and would like my students to receive instruction on the use of library resources. Is this service available?

Instructors are encouraged to schedule group sessions for specific courses, both on the Fond du Lac campus and at outreach sites. Requests should be submitted at least one week in advance.


I am a faculty member and would like to request that the library purchase materials to support the courses I teach. What is the procedure?

Requests may be submitted to the library director via email or Box “R.”

I am a faculty member and would like to place course related materials on reserve. How is this accomplished?

Reserve material request slips, available at the Circulation Desk, should be submitted to the Circulation Department three working days prior to use.  Print and electronic materials (through our databases) may be put on Reserve. Copyright regulations will be followed.

Does the library offer audiovisual services?

Audiovisual equipment not available in the classroom may be requested for classroom use and university-related educational activities. To request equipment, contact the Circulation Desk.

Who should I call if AV and/or computer equipment in the classrooms malfunctions?

If you experience problems with computers, multimedia projectors, or any equipment connected to a computer, call the IT Help Desk at x8947. For problems with other equipment such as overhead projectors, call the Library Circulation Desk at x7641.