|Position Title: ||Vice President for Finance and Administration |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Finance and Administration |
|Reports To: ||President |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, overseeing, coordinating, and integrating university-wide financial, physical, and human infrastructure along with ensuring effective stewardship of the University’s financial and physical resources. Direction of financial strategies, analysis and budget management is central to this position.
- Advise the president and other key members of senior management and interact with faculty, staff, students and community members to manage and strengthen Marian University’s financial, business and administrative polices.
- Advise the president and senior management on budgeting, cash flow, and investment priorities
- Develop strategies to achieve Marian’s goals in support of its mission and core values.
- Provide strategic consultation and representation to university leadership on financial issues that shape institution fiscal policies, budget, management and long-range planning.
- Direct and manage the financial programs, reports, analyses, and information systems of the university.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs and systems that support the overall objectives of the university.
- Establish and maintain financial records systems in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and accounting principles.
- Establish and maintain financial systems that enable the university to improve its monitoring, forecasting, planning, budgeting, and expenditure controls.
- Resolve financial and business issues in collaboration with a wide variety of constituencies, bringing judgment, perspective, and leadership to various campus forums.
- Manage and provide direction to all programs/department reporting to the Office of Business and Finance
- Pursue and secure external funding for special projects and cultivate community partnerships that enhance the Business and Finance environment.
- Serve as the management liaison to the Board of Trustees and the audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Board of Trustee.
- Promote and work towards a student-service orientation for the institution.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
- Master’s degree required. Six years’ experience in a senior management role, ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience.
- CPA required.
- Proven track record of successfully facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated track record of being able to create and implement strategic initiatives designed to strengthen the financial health of an organization.
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience for a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multi-task.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of trustees, staff and faculty, and students.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Experience in a senior management role in higher education.
- Knowledge and involvement in new ERP system conversion processes.
- Business Office
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
- Information Technology
- Auxiliary Services (Food services, Facilities and Spirit wear Shop)
The Vice President for Finance and Administration Search Committee is led by the President and includes faculty, administration, board, and Cabinet level representation. The committee will begin reviewing applications as they are received and will continue until the appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by Friday, October 8, 2021, and must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names of five professional references with email and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior notification of the applicant). Applications and nominations should be sent electronically (MS Word or Adobe PDF) to email@example.com
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.