User Services Specialist
POSITION TITLE: User Services Specialist
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: User Services Manager
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing support to the Marian community, representing the Office of Information Technology, specifically general clerical, receptionist, technical and project-based work. Project a professional image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Meets with clients to ensure that we are meeting their expectations; Meetings can be done in person, over the phone, or via email.
- Solves problems and makes decisions daily relative to helpdesk responsibilities.
- Responds to customer dissatisfaction and follows through to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Develops & documents procedures to ensure top-notch customer service.
- Collects and maintains computer and software inventory.
- Answers telephones and responds to issues appropriately.
- Enters help requests.
- Meets and greets clients and visitors.
- Supports Marian Community in assigned project-based work.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with all constituents.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of telephone protocol.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and unfamiliar applications.
- Ability to create reports in Word and Excel as required.
- Ability to determine and troubleshoot the nature of computer hardware and software problems, and to communicate technical guidance and information to users.
- Hold a valid WI Driver’s license.
- Available and able to fulfill responsibilities that may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the users and/or systems being supported.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University.
- Understand and uphold privacy and confidentiality, especially with regards to FERPA.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘User Services Specialist’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.