Support Specialist III – Administrative & Special Events
POSITION TITLE: Support Specialist III – Administrative & Special Events
FTE: .50 (20 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant to the President
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing secretarial and special events support to the Executive Assistant to the President and by performing a variety of administrative duties for the Vice President of Finance & Chief Business Officer. This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the President and is a member of the staff in the Office of the President. There may be an occasional need to work more than 20 hours per week.
Special Events – 50%
- Assist with the coordination and execution of select internal and external special events.
- Assist with mailing of invitations.
- Create databases and record attendees’ participation in various aspects of events.
- Create collateral materials for events.
- Assist with set-up for graduation.
- Staff certain events.
Administrative Assistance – 45%
- Assist the Executive Assistant to the President with running the Office of the President; assist the Vice President of Finance & Chief Business Officer.
- Act as receptionist for the Office of the President
- Assist with preparation of materials for Board of Trustees meetings
- Responsible for standard office procedures including scheduling appointments, processing mail, answering
- Telephones, filing, and ordering office supplies.
- Arrange for meetings and may be asked to attend to take notes.
- Assist the Vice President for Business & Finance with correspondence and scheduling of appointments.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned – 5%
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent required. Two years of prior office or special events experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of modern office practice and procedure and office equipment and machines.
- Keyboarding skills of 50 wpm.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Support Specialist III – Administrative & Special Events’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.