|Position Title: ||Student Services Coordinator |
|Department: ||Upward Bound Math & Science (UBMS) |
|Reports To: ||Program Director |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by administering various day-to-day operational and educational functions for the Upward Bound Math and Science (UBMS) program. This position is also instrumental in managing the program’s efforts to provide administrative services that will support and enhance UBMS participants’ experience in the program. Ultimately, selected candidate for this position will play a vital role in coordinating the program’s outreach and communication initiatives for its various stakeholders such as students, families, support staff, and community partners.
Communication, Outreach, and Engagement – 25%
- Serve as a liaison between the UBMS program and its stakeholders: students, parents, high school staff, and university staff.
- Lead the orientation and onboarding processes for newly selected program participants and
- Communicate regularly, through electronic and printed formats, with UBMS program stakeholders: students, parents, and other program stakeholders, to provide various critical program information.
- Develop and maintain working and trusting relationships with program participants while ensuring that they are satisfied with program services provided.
Event Planning – 25%
- Coordinate, at the macro level, the planning and organization of student activities such as, meetings, workshops, field trips, and college campus visits during the academic year and the Participation may be required for some evening and weekend activities.
- Collaborate with other program staff to coordinate logistical aspects of various educational enrichment events during the school year and the summer, for example: room reservation, meals, and transportation
- Coordinate and maintain the general calendar of for the UBMS program during the academic year and the
Recordkeeping and Data Management – 25%
- Coordinate the processes of reviewing completeness and accuracy of application materials as well as eligibility to the program.
- Maintain, digitally or physically, confidential and accurate records of submitted application documents by prospective participants.
- Maintain confidential, accurate, and up-to-date records of current participants’ progress, and
- Assist other UBMS staff with all required federal and institutional reports, particularly the Annual Performance Report (APR) for the U.S. Department of Education.
Departmental Operations – 20%
- Coordinate the purchasing, billing, stipend issuance, and expenditure tracking processes of the
- Manage and monitor the inflow and outflow of all UBMS program’s instructional supplies, materials, and equipment. Ensure their availability for program activities.
- Assign and monitor, as needed, tasks of student employees: mentors, tutors, teaching assistants, and office
Other Responsibilities – 5%
- Attend, and report on designated relevant local, regional, and national professional development
- Perform other work-related duties as
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human services, business administration, or a similar degree is A minimum of three years of experience in administration of educational programs is required. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working at an educational institution with TRIO-eligible student populations is
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English (Advanced knowledge of a foreign language such as Spanish and/or Hmong is highly desirable).
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Familiarity with record keeping software such as Blumen, and/or Student
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to exercise basic human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with the university community and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines established internally and by outside
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Student Services Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.