Spirit Store Manager
Position Title: Spirit Store Manager (Amended 01/21/2021)
Department Student Life
Reports To: Vice President for Student Life/Dean of Students
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, being responsible for the overall management and operation of the university spirit store. This includes selling, ordering, and maintaining inventory, merchandise sales, and record keeping. The Spirit Store Manager will coordinate the preparation of store financial reports with the comptroller, as well as, controlling the university spirit store’s operating budget. This position will also oversee Ripon Colleges’ Spirit Store; will require 50/50 time spent at Marian University and Ripon College during the week.
Store Operations – 50 %
- Operates the on-site and online Spirit Store during the school year and as needed.
- Coordination with Follett Discover and academic affairs.
- Serves as a collaborative and crucial member of Spirit Store Innovation Team, attending all meetings and contributing to the advancement of the Spirit Store as a profit-making entity for the university.
- Assist with graduation (cap and gowns) as needed.
- Responsible for day to day operations, staffing and scheduling of the Spirit Store during regular business hours, Admissions, Academic, Athletic and other extra-curricular events. Works with interns, and students to staff the Spirit Store and provides appropriate supervision as needed.
Inventory & Sales Management – 25%
- Centralized purchases of all spirit wear apparel, and other merchandise as needed.
- Controls all product inventory and ensures the proper assortment of merchandise for the on-site and online Spirit Store, and for Athletic, Academic and extra-curricular events.
- Responsible for “Visual Merchandising” of inventory for on-site, online and off-campus sales.
- Works with software to ensure the accuracy of system output including all sales transactions, inventory, daily deposits and reporting.
Marketing & Advertising – 20%
- Advertises and markets Spirit Store merchandise. Works with other departments to ensure that the marketing of Spirit Store and online store is visible on website.
- Regularly communicates with administrative and instructional staff to remain informed on Admissions, Athletic, and academic events in order to have a Spirit Store presence.
- Works with Athletics to coordinate Athletic team spirit wear sales.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned. – 5%
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Incumbent: must be able to operate general office equipment and general retail store equipment.
- Must be accurate with numbers and data.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Spirit Store Manager’ in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.