|Position Title: ||Simulation Technician |
|FTE: ||.8333 (10-months, 40 hrs./week) |
|Department: ||Nursing |
|Reports To: ||NRSC Coordinator and Associate Dean of Nursing |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing vital technical support and expertise for simulation operations and technology to include preparation, maintenance and repair of complex computerized, high-fidelity manikins and associated software, and the efficient operation of the data capture systems, related multimedia peripherals, and validating data collected during scenarios.
Technical and Simulation Support – 65%
- Provide setup/takedown/moulage of requested simulations.
- Serves as simulation operator, running pre-programmed scenarios.
- Program, test and run simulation scenarios for faculty simulation facilitators, assuring that the facility, equipment, manikins, standardized patients and supplies are set up appropriately and that desired outcomes will be achieved; interpret and implement changes when necessary.
- Provide simulation-related training/support/consulting to faculty and other simulation center staff.
- Assist with other IT nursing department needs through technical support, as necessary.
- Keep apprised of all emerging technologies affecting simulation and data capture and participate in technical training.
- Perform upkeep and maintenance checks (including equipment servicing and maintenance agreements), trainings, reliability tests and the scheduling of simulator performances.
Administrative – 30%
- Audit, test and ensure all equipment and systems run efficiently according to current specification requirements, keeping apprised of periodic product information releases.
- Accountable for recording all simulation exercises, and then making the AV files available to faculty for educational use.
- Consult with faculty and staff on appropriateness of simulations and ensure accuracy of scenario documents to achieve learning outcomes.
- Responsible for the preparation of documents, setup boxes and supplies for each simulation.
- Maintain records of warranty information, purchase and expiration dates.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned – 5%
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a field related to healthcare simulation, such as computer science, medical technology or health sciences, preferred.
- Experience in pre-hospital, hospital, medical military environment, or any other healthcare experience, preferred.
- Healthcare experience/knowledge – LPN, CNA, EMT, MA, or similar credential, or equivalent demonstrated experience, preferred.
- One to three years of work experience in learning-based simulation technology, preferred. Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, and database use.
- Technology, multimedia, audio/visual experience including knowledge of networks, computer security, databases, servers, decoders, audio mixers, etc. Ability to assess, troubleshoot and fix equipment and technology failures in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision, including learning new software/hardware quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Creativity and flexibility in designing innovative approaches to solving problems and improving processes.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding job assignments and sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of audio/video equipment and software for recording, duplication, and editing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Simulation Technician” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by December 3, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.