|Position Title: ||Registrar |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Registrar |
|Reports To: ||Associate Vice President for Academic Administration |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, planning, organizing, facilitating, and evaluating the services, functions and processes in the Registrar’s office; manages department personnel; ensures the integrity, management, and enhancement of the Power Campus administrative software; provides accurate and current enrollment data for reporting and planning purposes; administers institutional academic policies; ensures the completeness, accuracy, and security of student transcripts and pertinent records, in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
- Administrative – 25%
- Supervises the operation of the Registrar’s office;
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of all academic records; make decisions about records storage; maintain permanent grade records; supervise the preparation and delivery of academic transcripts and grade reports;
- Knows general rules, regulations and policies of the university and disseminates information to all constituencies of the university and community;
- Maintains professional level of confidentiality in all aspects of job performance and protection of student records;
- Responds to telephone calls and walk-in inquiries from students, parents, faculty, alumni and staff on matters of University and office policies and procedures relating to registration, add/drop, course and room scheduling, grades, graduation, GPA’s, reports, and other relevant information;
- Delegated through the President, is custodian of the University Seal;
- Serves as a substitute (during absences) for Associate Registrar and assists with counter work and answering office telephones.
- Creates and publishes the final exam schedule;
- Prepares and administers the departmental budget for Registrar’s Office;
- Prepares and publishes the academic calendar;
- Maintains the office time off calendar;
- Updates office forms as necessary;
- Hires, trains, supervises and conducts staff performance evaluations
- Transfer Credit Evaluation
- In consultation with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, assists in facilitating the evaluation and transfer of credits from other accredited institutions, technical colleges, and other educational means in accordance with University policies; this includes educational certificates, Advanced Placement, CLEP, DANTES, Military Credit and Credit for Prior Learning;
- Follow up with Department Chairs on the equivalencies of courses and unusual transfer requests from other institutions;
- Maintains continuity of the transfer process by updating the Transfer Policy in Power Campus as needed;
- Responds to student questions regarding the awarding of transfer credit.
- Reporting – 25%
- Complete various surveys, questionnaires, inquiries and reports;
- Compiles enrollment information and statistical reports as needed;
- Produces Academic Action and Dean Lists at the end of each undergraduate semester;
- Submits Veteran’s certifications and federal IPEDS report; prepares Student Right to Know and Graduation Rate Surveys;
- Prepare and submit new programs and/or site locations to the State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Board;
- Responsible for complying with the Solomon Act, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Student Right to Know Law;
- Generates statistics for ongoing planning and evaluation; Serves as a professional resource for office staff, the University, and the students
- Leadership in ensuring institutional compliance with FERPA and other accrediting agency standards, applicable to student records;
- Development, implementation and administration of academic policies;
- Projects a friendly, cooperative attitude and shows initiative, judgement, and attention to detail as required in daily work, long-range planning, and assessment of effectiveness;
- Serves as ex officio member of the Curriculum and Educational Standards Committee; attends and participates in Faculty Senate, conduct department staff meetings, Graduation Committee, Retention Committee and other committees as assigned; member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) and the Wisconsin Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (WACRAO); Heads the Academic Calendar Committee;
- Utilizes the computer competently; plans for development of new technology;
- Assures that Associate Registrar is versed on Registrar procedures for coverage during absences
3. Registration -20%
- Coordinates the development of the traditional master schedule of courses each semester; works closely with the academic divisions with regards to the section schedule throughout the semester;
- Assigns academic space; coordinates class schedules with room assignment for optimum use of buildings and equipment;
- Publishes the traditional undergraduate course schedule;
- Coordinates the registration process for new, returning and transfer students;
- Reviews policies and procedures related to registration.
- Grades/Grade Changes – 10%
- Coordinates the input, printing, distribution and mailing of grade reports during the mid-term and final grade processing periods;
- Verifies the accuracy of grades;
- Monitors grade changes as submitted by faculty, enforcing the grade change policy;
- Reviews policies and procedures related to grading;
- Answers questions from faculty and students regarding grades.
- Supervises athlete eligibility and supports the Associate Registrar’s responsibilities of ensuring athletes are academically eligible by reviewing team rosters and Marian University transcripts as well as records from previously attended colleges and universities and maintaining files on each team;
- Ensures that all eligibility forms are correct, signed and sent in a timely manner to Compliance Coordinator for distribution to the NCAA and the Lake Michigan Conference;
- Is familiar with NCAA – Division III Constitution and bylaws.
- Veteran Affairs Certification – 5%
- Serves as contact and certifying official in VA benefits matters;
- Processes all certification of enrollment forms for Marian University students receiving VA benefits;
- Prepares the annual Oversight Visit Report and Outcome Assessment Report-Veterans Educational Programs for the State of Wisconsin Education Approval Board.
6. Graduation -10%
- Processes graduation applications and monitors the graduation evaluation process;
- Conducts degree audits for graduating applicants;
- Determines Latin Honors;
- Verifies and posts final degrees;
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree. Five years of experience in higher education. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with data collection, statistical reporting, and handling of confidential information.
- Experience with and knowledge of online computerized student record systems, technologies, systems development implementation and enhancement, and computer applications in registrar services and records management. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to provide leadership on university-wide issues relating to student records, academic electronic processing and Web presence;
- Familiarity with a film based imaging system to archive student records;
- Knowledge of federal regulations regarding records and student information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, administrators, faculty, staff, and outside constituencies.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks under tight deadlines and stressful situations.
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Registrar’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.