|Position Title: ||Operations Manager |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Food Service |
|Reports To: ||Vice President for Finance & Administration |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the food service department (dining hall and coffee house) which includes developing and executing dining solutions, inventory cost control, and maintains department budget and finances.
- Responsible for conducting annual audits with county health department.
- Ensure food safety, sanitation, and workplace safety enforcement. Adhere to HAACP standards and regulations, county guidelines, hot and cold food temperature holdings, etc.
- Store and rotate food inventory according to state and federal guidelines regarding safe food handling practices.
- Record and maintain daily food usage records.
- Responsible for catering services (planning menus, equipment, food, and service preparations). Ability to plan, manage, and execute both on and offsite caterings.
- Direct, mentor and monitor job expectations, performance evaluations and production of the assistant managers, cooks, cashiers, and dishwashers
- Observe and research changes and trends in food services industry bringing timely updates to residential dining operations. Assist in the development and execution of the food service strategic planning process.
- Management of all production and central commissary operations, meal plan menu cycle development processes and menu satisfaction.
- Coordinate any contracts with food service suppliers, waste management, or any other vendors.
- Administers procurement and fiscal food service activities; monitor spending; recommend and implement corrective spending plans; review and authorize purchase orders; purchasing and approving employee purchases
- Develop and ensure quarterly and annual training for department to maintain work safely and compliance.
- Research, develop, monitor and guide dining green and sustainable initiatives.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust all dining service policies with an emphasis on implementing and employing lean/continuous improvement strategies and systems into all aspects of the workplace.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- 5-10 years of management or supervisory experience in a food service industry. A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Serv-Safe certification required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict situations.
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Experience in strategic planning, budgetary and personnel management
- Knowledgeable of and experience using Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Operations Manager” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by December 1, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.