Master of Science in Instructional Technology and Design – Online
Leverage Technology and
Instructional Design in Any Workplace
As a student in Marian’s MS in Instructional Technology and Design, you will learn how to incorporate today’s ever-changing world of technology in the 21st-century learning environment. Our 100% online program offers flexible coursework for working professionals who want to conveniently earn a master’s degree and advance their careers. With 7-week courses covering topics such as Instructional Design Project Development, Creativity and Innovations in Technology, and Future Ready Learning, this 18-month accelerated program offers adult students a flexible fast track with 6 possible start dates.
- No GRE required
- 100% online
- 6 start sessions each year
- 7-week courses
- Graduate in as few as 18 months
- Full- or part-time study
- 30 credit-hour program
- Continue working while you earn your degree
Discover how Marian University can help you become a leader in technology and instructional design.
The MS Instructional Technology and Design degree program is perfect for:
COACHES | CORPORATE TRAINERS | HUMAN RESOURCES | EDUCATORS
If you have a bachelor’s degree, whether in education or another discipline, the MS Instructional Technology and Design is a path to the advanced education that will lead you where you want to go in your career. With a graduate degree program that explores instructional technology and design, you will gain a thorough understanding of how technology is used in professional settings, discover how to engage the learner through educational tools, and prepare to help others innovate and advance. As part of this program, you will be presented with numerous opportunities to increase design proficiency, enhance and develop curriculum, and incorporate technology into any professional setting. Learn how to find practical and innovative solutions in teaching and training while applying your passion for technology.
What is Instructional Technology?
The primary goal of instructional technology is to create an engaging and collaborative learning process. It is defined as the theory and practice of using technology for educational instruction. It appears in a variety of formats such as design, development, evaluation, use, and management of technology. From digital tools such as interactive (SMART) whiteboards to creating an effective virtual classroom, the objective is to utilize technology, maximize its benefits, and learn how to adapt to technological advancements.
What is Instructional Design?
Instructional design creates the framework of the learning experience. It is defined as the systematic and reflective process of translating principles of learning and instruction into plans for instructional materials, activities, information resources, and evaluation. Instructional design embraces a process of designing educational tools that are efficient and take into consideration the unique ways in which individuals learn. Engaging the learner is most effective when the psychology of learning and communication combine with ways to help the understanding that with different learning abilities and designing tools for learning should.
Prepare for a Career
Become more marketable to future employers or grow in your current role with a master’s degree. There are expanding career opportunities for leaders who are versed in both curriculum design and technology.
Aspire to These Positions
- Curriculum developer
- Director of e-learning
- Instructional services manager
- Educational technology specialist
- Education consultant
- HR training specialist
- Instructional designer
- Instructional technology supervisor
- Training manager
- Training & development manager
- Project manager – training & development
- Sales training manager
Potential Employment Settings
- Government agencies
- Higher education institutions
- P-12 public, private or charter schools
- Technology and educational associations
11% Job Growth
10% Job Growth
MPath Online Program Schedule: 7-Week Accelerated
The online Master of Science Instructional Design and Technology is offered in a 7-week accelerated format. It is custom-made for working individuals who are ready to take their education and career to the next level.
MS Instructional Design and Technology Curriculum
The online MS Instructional Design and Technology program is designed for professionals who are ready to bring cutting-edge technology into the learning environment. With 100% online classes and 6 possible starts per year, adult learners will find a high-quality online degree with the flexibility that allows you to set your own pace for degree completion.
- Move efficiently through your program with clear and measurable competencies.
- Visually track your progress as you master new subject matter.
- Engage in personalized learning experiences facilitated by faculty and tailored to your needs.
- Individualize your online program communication feed based on your preferences.
- Communicate with faculty and peers each step of the way creating your own professional network.
- Apply your learning through field experiences.
General Education Courses
Master of Science in Instructional Technology and Design majors will take courses covering topics such as:
- Designing Instruction for eLearning
- Instructional Design and Project Development
- Integrating Tech for Workplace Conflict
- Foundations of Instructional Design & Technology
- Future Ready Learning
- Technology and Leadership
- Integrate fundamentals of instructional design and technology into professional learning environments.
- Employ theories, standards, and best practices in online curriculum design and technology to facilitate digital learning.
- Develop skills in utilizing technology and tools to communicate and collaborate with diverse learners in a global community.
- Examine the fusion of technology, pedagogy, and content knowledge in the e-Learning environment with an emphasis on leadership.
Admission to the Program
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 of 4.00 upon completion of a baccalaureate degree