|Position Title: ||Assistant/Associate Professor, Nursing / Undergraduate Program Director |
|College: ||College of the Professions |
|Department: ||Nursing |
|Reports To: ||Associate Dean |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
Marian University is a Catholic applied liberal arts community that welcomes diverse spiritual traditions. Sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, Marian University engages students in the education of the whole person. We embrace justice and compassion and transform lives for professional service and leadership in the global community.
Marian University invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing / Undergraduate Program Director, starting fall 2022. The Program Director will provide leadership for Marian University’s undergraduate nursing program. The Director will grow enrollments, build partnerships, and ensure the delivery of high-quality academic programs. Successful candidates will have a strong commitment to undergraduate education and student engagement, as well as service to the college and community. The credit load for this position is nine (9) credits per semester (fall & spring semesters).
- Provide administrative leadership in developing, maintaining, evaluating, and revising the pre- and post-licensure baccalaureate programs.
- Provide leadership within the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of innovative BSN program curriculum and course content in accordance with university, accreditation, and professional standards.
- Prepare reports necessary for continued approval and accreditation of the BSN programs.
- Develop strategies to maintain or exceed the NCLEX-RN® pass rate for first time examinees in accordance with the WI Board of Nursing and CCNE.
- Oversee admission, academic progression, and graduation of students.
- Provide evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of program outcomes.
- Work with other faculty to evaluate, revise and develop curriculum to help ensure student mastery of course content.
- Interview, recommend, and process adjunct faculty for hire.
- Create and manage course offerings and make instructional assignments full-time and adjunct faculty workload.
- Plan, organize, and instruct nursing classes to promote student success in the community college setting.
- Will maintain accreditation standards, compliance reporting, program assessment, curriculum planning and evaluation, student success and retention initiatives.
- Support the department mission, which centers on student learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, and faculty service.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods
- Strictly honor the privacy, security and confidentiality of student records and other sensitive information according to state, federal, and college regulations, policies and procedures.
- Participate in faculty and committee work as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing required
- Must hold current licensure for the State of Wisconsin
- Must have been employed in nursing within the past five years
- A minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent direct care experience
- Must have experience in leading in leading nursing programs, supervising faculty, program and budget development, and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University
- Ph.D. in nursing
- Experience with online education
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vita, a statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial copies of transcripts, and the names, email address and telephone numbers of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “Assistant/Associate Professor, Nursing / Undergraduate Program Director” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by April 29, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.