|Position Title: ||Nursing Resource and Simulation Center Skills Laboratory Instructor |
|FTE: ||.8333 FTE (10-months, 40 hrs./week) |
|Department: ||Nursing |
|Reports To: ||Nursing Resource and Simulation Center Coordinator |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, working in collaboration with the Nursing Resource and Simulation Center (NRSC) Coordinator and nursing faculty to provide instruction, supervision, and evaluation of basic and technical nursing skills, and clinical experiences. This position involves direct student contact and resource center maintenance.
Instruction – 60%
- Engage in teaching groups of undergraduate students through lecture, demonstration, and guided practice of nursing skills.
- Prepare instructional materials for laboratory skills education based on current evidence- based practice.
- Facilitate skills laboratory activities and student practice.
- Develop, coordinate, and evaluate skills stations and skills testing.
- Evaluate student nursing skills competencies.
- Remediate students who require assistance with lab or simulation lab skills.
- Provide nursing students the support necessary to practice nursing skills within a positive nurturing lab environment.
- Demonstrate respect for the student as a new learner by communicating constructive feedback in appropriate ways.
- Remain current in the assigned subject matter and techniques of effective instruction through recent clinical experience and/or professional development.
- Act as resource personnel for students and faculty requesting remedial skill instruction.
- Engages in clinical instruction, teaching 1 clinical section per semester, as needed.
Administrative – 35%
- Coordinate the facilitation of nursing skills lab, including but not limited to:
- Day to day running of the lab,
- Establishes clinical skill lab stations, sets up and removes equipment and supplies to accommodate the needs of each class.
- Coordinate schedules for student lab workers and staff
- Room assignments,
- Equipment allocation,
- Collaborate with the NRSC Coordinator to process and maintain learning resources and appropriate equipment.
- Develops and maintains an inventory of lab supplies and resources
- Coordinates requests and purchases of supplies and equipment
- Oversees the storage and organization of supplies and task trainers
- Maintain record of student compliance of lab hours and successful completion of skills.
- Provide coverage and supervision of the NRSC.
- Participate in nursing department committees, as appropriate.
- Participates in or leads tours of the skills or simulation laboratory for accepted and prospective students and families.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. – 5%
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in nursing and is licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum of two years current nursing experience.
- CPR Instructor or obtain CPR instructor certification within 6 months of employment
- Working knowledge of technical nursing skills and equipment.
- Working knowledge of audio-visual and computer equipment.
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “NRSC Instructor” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by March 1, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.