|Position Title: ||Nursing Resource and Simulation Center Nursing Skills Laboratory Assistant |
|FTE: ||.50 FTE (20 hours per week); 9-months |
|Department: ||Nursing |
|Reports To: ||Nursing Resource and Simulation Center Coordinator |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, working in collaboration with the Nursing Resource and Simulation Center (NRSC) Coordinator and nursing faculty to provide instruction, supervision, and evaluation of basic and technical nursing skills. This position involves direct student contact and resource center maintenance.
- Collaborates with the NRSC Coordinator to process and maintain learning resources and appropriate equipment.
- Collaborates with course instructors or NRSC Coordinator on regular basis to:
- Assist with design and analysis of instructional materials, i.e. skills pretests, backup tests, and others.
- Provide instruction through dialogue, role modeling, and live and video-taped demonstrations.
- Evaluate and document student performances.
- Provide evaluative comments to each student after the skill demonstration is completed by the student.
- Assist with orientation and assignment of the NRSC Assistant.
- Contribute to the updating of resources through review, preview, design, production, and written requisitions.
- Maintain communication and working relationship with the NRSC Coordinator.
- Act as resource personnel for students and faculty requesting remedial skill instruction.
- Provide coverage and supervision of the NRSC.
- Collaborate with other NRSC Assistants.
- Provide availability on a regular basis for student guidance, support and role modeling to pursue self-directed learning.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in nursing and is licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum of two years current nursing experience.
- Working knowledge of technical nursing skills and equipment.
- Working knowledge of audio-visual and computer equipment.
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “NRSC Assistant” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by August 27, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.