7.2.2018 – July 4th
- In July 1776, what was the estimated number of people living in the newly independent nation?
- How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?
- How many counties or census incorporated places contain the word “Liberty” in their name (in the US)?
- What was the US population as of July 4, 2016?
- 2.5 million (Source: Historical Statistics of the United States: 1789-1945)
- 56. Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Roger Sherman, and Robert R. Livingston comprised the committee of five that drafted the declaration. Jefferson, regarded as the strongest and most eloquent writer, wrote most of the document. (Source: 2015 Geography Area Series: County Business Patterns, Table CB1500A11)
- 33. Of the 33 areas, four are counties: Liberty County, Texas (81,704); Liberty County, Ga. (62,570); Liberty County, Fla. (8,202); and Liberty County, Mont. (2,409). (Source: 2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files and 2016 Population Estimates, Annual Estimates of the Resident Population: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2016, Table PEPANNRES)
- 323.1 million (U.S. and World Population Clock)
Hope you can use these new nuggets of knowledge on your friends and family at your activities on the 4th. Wishing you and your party-goers a safe, fun, and memorable day!