10.2.2017 – Take me out to the movies!
In October, Marian is part of the Fair Trades Film Festival. Here is the full list of films:
- Monday, October 2, Dark Side of Chocolate, UW-Oshkosh, 6pm
- Tuesday, October 3, Unravel, UW-Fond du Lac, 12:30pm
- Thursday, October 5, Connected by Coffee, Marian University, 7pm
- Tuesday, October 10, True Cost, UW-Oshkosh, 6pm
- Monday, October 16, True Cost, Marian University, 7pm
- Thursday, October 19, Connect by Coffee, UW-Fond du Lac, 12:30pm
- Thursday, October 19, Immokalee, USA, UW-Oshkosh, 2:30pm
- Tuesday, October 24, Connected by Coffee, UW-Oshkosh, 6pm
- Wednesday, October 25, Unravel, Cards from Africa, Dark Side of Chocolate, I Am a Girl, Fair Trade-Just World Starts with You (all vignettes), Moraine Park Technical College, 12pm
This year, it was also announced Marian would do a 7@7 Film Series. Each month, on a Thursday, at 7pm in the Sadoff Auditorium, Marian will show a film. Here is the line-up for this year:
- November 16: Memento
- January 25: Stranger than Fiction
- February 15: Pride & Prejudice
- March 22: Kimi no Nawa (Your name)
- April 12: The Straight Story
Still can’t get enough? The Office of Student Involvement hands out 30 movie tickets on the 30th of each month to the first 30 people. Stop over in the student center to claim yours.
Lastly, the movie theatre here in town has $5 Tuesdays. Any 2D movie can be seen on any Tuesday for only $5 (holidays excluded)!
So, when you need your movie fix, it isn’t too far way.