|Position Title: ||Marketing Coordinator |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Marketing and Communications |
|Reports To: ||Assistant Vice President for Marketing and Communications |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, writing and managing marketing and social media content for Marian University as a brand steward and storyteller, establishing purpose, messaging, and brand promise in marketing and social media materials, to purposefully convey Marian’s story to internal and external audiences. An ideal candidate will be able to make business decisions based on data and research, take initiative on projects, reach out to individuals on and off campus to capture their stories, be creative, write compelling content, and willing to share ideas and take risks within marketing and communications to further Marian University’s presence.
- Marketing Material Content – 40%
- Brand steward and storyteller; ensure Marian’s brand promise and position within higher education is consistent in voice and message that promote community relations, and establish Marian’s presence as a leader in higher education.
- Develop key messaging for internal and external audiences across multiple platforms that conveys Marian’s brand promise, thought leadership content, and lead generation for admission.
- Assist in identifying segments, audiences, and messages for targeted campaigns in each stage of the prospective student’s or donor’s journey. Align messages with strategic institutional goals highlighting USPs and collaborating to establish KPIs. Align content for SEO strategy and contribute to optimizing for inbound leads.
- Collaborate with Admission, Advancement/Alumni, and Academic Program Chairs to produce captivating stories that drive brand, admission message, and program awareness. This will include webpage, ad copy, monthly alumni newsletter, publications, email campaigns, and video.
- Provide oversight to Marian’s intranet and communication email to faculty and staff.
- Social Media Management – 35%
- Provide oversight of Marian’s social media channels – content calendar creation, provide quarterly analytic reports, and monitor or respond to questions/comments/posts.
- Implement and measure the success of social media campaigns that will enhance Marian’s brand presence, create awareness of academic programs, support the Offices of Admission and Advancement, via Marian’s social channels.
- Media Relations – 10%
- Manage public relations and communications via content calendar and scheduling program. Write and distribute news releases and media pitches on behalf of the University.
- Assist with crisis communication including weather alerts and university closure.
- Manage and oversee student workforce -10%
- Guide them through project creation and disseminate responsibilities.
- Create projects that enhance their experience in marketing and communications that assist in workload/responsibilities.
Other Responsibilities – 5%
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, creative writing, English, communications, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Two or more years of experience with writing strategic and compelling content.
- Knowledge in writing across platforms including web pages, social channels, email, video, digital marketing, news releases, radio, and print publications.
- Ability to collaboratively work with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter that is detail oriented, organized, and has strong project management skills.
- Is creative, an idea generator, and willing to take risks.
- Works at the Marian University campus, located in Fond du Lac, WI.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Marketing Coordinator,” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: Applications received by August 12, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.