Information Technology User Services Coordinator
Position Title: Information Technology User Services Coordinator (full-time, regular)
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Associate Vice President for Academic Administration
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, coordinating and integrating activities across multiple function lines. Responsible for coordinating technical teams to configure and upgrade software and hardware in learning environments, as well as oversee the Helpdesk Coordinator, who provides front-line technology support in learning environments.
- Co-supervise and train TechHUB work study students in cooperation with the Helpdesk Coordinator.
- Continually devise ways to improve customer service and user relationships by regularly reviewing University hardware and software and make recommendations for updates and new products based on changing needs.
- Support hardware and software on campus including updating, replacing, and maintaining computer hardware and software for end-users and classrooms.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in hardware and software.
- Address and resolve issues and complaints; refers unresolved items to administration.
- Refer necessary training of faculty, staff, and students on the available hardware and software to the appropriate personnel.
- Recommend systems, policies, and procedures to improve student, staff, and faculty computing and learning.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the ITS department and the Marian community, as required.
- Supervises the Helpdesk Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Academic Administration.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot PC/MAC hardware and system software.
- Ability to determine and troubleshoot the nature of computer hardware and software problems.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and information to users.
- Ability to learn and support new hardware, software and operating systems.
- Ability to build relationships and coalitions within the community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Available and able to fulfill responsibilities that may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Possess excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
- Understand and uphold privacy and confidentiality, especially with regards to FERPA.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Information Technology User Services Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment