|Position Title: ||Head Esport Coach and Co-Spirit Store Manager |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Athletics |
|Reports To: ||Interim Vice President for Student Life & Diversity/Dean of Students/Director of Athletics |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, organizing a successful Esport program which includes; recruiting and retaining student athletes and managing a competitive practice and competition season for the entire program and be responsible for the overall management and operation of the university spirit store. This includes selling, ordering, and maintaining inventory, merchandise sales, and record keeping. The Spirit Store Manager is responsible for the preparation of store financial reports, as well as, controlling the university spirit store’s operating budget.
Head Esport Coach:
Assist Coaching/teaching – 25%
- Assist in preparing practice, evaluation and implementation for the Esport program.
- Organize and schedule a competitive schedule.
- Assist in monitoring student athlete academic progress.
- Serve as a role model for the student athletes by continuously exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for academic achievement; monitors the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for student-athlete social responsibility and works to develop well-rounded student-athletes.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on a standard of proper student-athlete conduct, both in and out of the athletic arena and works with the Director of Athletics to sanction those who do not meet the set standard.
Administrative – 10%
- Assist in retaining current student athletes.
- Adhere to all department and university rules and regulations.
- Assist in Athletic fundraising campaigns.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors, or other employees.
- Provide support in other areas of the Athletic Department based on qualifications and experience.
Recruitment – 20%
- Assist in developing and maintaining a system to identify prospective student-athletes and works closely with area club and high school coaches to recruit quality student athletes.
Co-Spirit Store Manager:
Store Operations – 25%
- Operates the on-site and online Spirit Store during the school year and as needed during summer semester.
- Assist with textbook distribution and buyback.
- Serves as a collaborative and crucial member of Spirit Store Team, attending all meetings and contributing to the advancement of the Spirit Store as a profit-making entity for the university.
- Responsible for day to day operations, staffing and scheduling of the Spirit Store during regular business hours, Admissions, Academic, Athletic and other extra-curricular events. Works with interns, and students to staff the Spirit Store and provides appropriate supervision as needed.
Inventory & Sales Management – 10%
- Centralized purchases of all spirit wear apparel, and other merchandise as needed.
- Controls all product inventory and ensures the proper assortment of merchandise for the on-site and online Spirit Store, and for Athletic, Academic and extra-curricular events.
- Responsible for “Visual Merchandising” of inventory for on-site, online and off-campus sales.
- Works with software to ensure the accuracy of system output including all sales transactions, inventory, and daily deposits and reporting.
Marketing & Advertising – 5%
- Advertises and markets Spirit Store merchandise. Works with other departments to ensure that the marketing of Spirit Store and online store is visible on website.
- Regularly communicates with administrative and instructional staff to remain informed on Admissions, Athletic, and academic events in order to have a Spirit Store presence.
- Works with Athletics to coordinate Athletic team spirit wear sales.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: – 5%
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
Co-Spirit Store Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Incumbent: must be able to operate general office equipment and general retail store equipment.
- Must be accurate with numbers and data.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
Head Esport Coach:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Previous collegiate coaching and recruiting experience preferred
- Be able to construct and execute an annual budget for Esports
- Must have the willingness to work nights and weekends
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Head Esport Coach and Co-Spirit Store Manager’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by August 27, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.