|Position Title: ||Head Coach, Women’s Basketball |
|Department: ||Athletics |
|Reports To: ||Athletics Director |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by overseeing all phases of our NCAA Division III women’s basketball program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- With the assistance of the Director of Athletics, define and achieve annual enrollment goals of the women’s basketball program.
- Develops and maintains a system to identify prospective student-athletes and to work closely with area club and high school coaches to recruit quality student-athletes.
- Develops and implements a program which includes monitored academic progress in addition to performance.
- Responsible for in-game coaching.
- Organizes and coordinates all team travel.
- Responsible for scheduling all future contests.
- Manages all assistant coaches within the program.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring the program budget under the direction of the Director of Athletics.
- Conducts program in compliance with NCAA and Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference rules and regulations and Marian University athletic policies.
- Assists the Director of Athletic Communications with statistics, press releases, media guide, and other publications.
- Assists in department fundraising activities.
- Organizes camps and clinics to promote said sport, public interest, and community involvement with the University.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Ability to recruit student athletes in the context of NCAA III philosophy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Successful intercollegiate coaching and/or playing experience
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Head Coach, Women’s Basketball’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by July 8, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.