|Position Title: ||Head Coach, Men’s Hockey |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Athletics |
|Reports To: ||Athletics Director |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, overseeing all phases of our NCAA Division III men’s hockey program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Collegiate Hockey Association, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- With the assistance of the Director of Athletics, define and achieve annual enrollment goals of the men’s hockey program.
- Develops and maintains a system to identify prospective student-athletes and to work closely with area club, high school coach, and junior coaches to recruit quality student-athletes.
- Develops and implements a program which includes monitored academic progress in addition to performance.
- Responsible for in-game coaching.
- Organizes and coordinates all team travel.
- Responsible for scheduling all future contests.
- Manages all assistant coaches within the program.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring the program budget under the direction of the Director of Athletics.
- Conducts program in compliance with NCAA and Northern Collegiate Hockey Association rules and regulations and Marian University athletic policies.
- Assists the Director of Athletic Communications with statistics, press releases, media guide, and other publications.
- Assists in department fundraising activities.
- Organizes camps and clinics to promote said sport, public interest, and community involvement with the University.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
- Coordinate practice and game schedules with the Blue Line Hockey Organization.
- Maintain a quality relationship with the Blue Line Hockey organization and assist the club as needed with camps, clinics, and leagues.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong ability to recruit student athletes in the context of NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Successful intercollegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, email address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Head Coach, Men’s Hockey” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by June 17, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.