Graduate Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach
POSITION TITLE: Graduate Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics/Head Coach, Women’s Lacrosse
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by assisting the Head Coach in all phases of our NCAA Division III Women’s Lacrosse program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- In Cooperation with the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, the Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach will develop and maintain a system to identify prospective student-athletes, working closely with area high school/club and various junior league coaches to recruit quality student-athletes
- Maintain and build the roster levels to the heights that are discussed and set by the Director of Athletics and Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
- Assist in retaining current student-athletes
- Adhere to all Department, University, Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Assist in practice preparation
- Assist the Head Coach with all game day responsibilities
- Assist in monitoring student-athletes academic progress
- Assist with all phases of Marian Lacrosse Camps
- Assist in Athletic fundraising campaigns
- Assist in scouting future opponents
- Assist in continuing a quality relationship with the Fond du Lac Recreation Department; including the coaches, players, and all of its members
- Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all time
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
- Additional significant duties will be assigned (based on qualifications and departmental need)
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Acceptance into a Marian University Master’s degree program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Previous collegiate or junior level playing required.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Must have willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Candidate must demonstrate great organizational skills in addition to writing and typing skills, interpersonal skills, and superior leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- There must be willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Graduate Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach’ in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: Until position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.