Posting: January 19, 2018
Position: Student Financial Services Representative (Full-time, Regular)
Department: Office of Business and Finance
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Marian University is a Catholic applied liberal arts community that welcomes diverse spiritual traditions. Sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, Marian University engages students in the education of the whole person. We embrace justice and compassion and transform lives for professional service and leadership in the global community.
Marian University invites applications for the full-time position of Student Financial Services Representative. This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by providing support to Marian University students regarding their balances and loan payments.
The Essential functions of the individual will be to:
- Call upon accounts for collection prior to, during and after graduation or withdrawal from the University.
- Provide money management education to students, parents and involved parties via face-to-face meetings, Sabre hours, telephone calls, and new student orientations.
- Act as the primary contact for students, parents, university personnel and other involved parties concerning student tuition and loan payments.
- Track and monitor all student accounts in the database and solve and report delays in payments, conflicts and other areas of concern.
- Work with Enrollment Management and the Office of Business and Finance to ensure that student accounts are current, students are educated about their accounts and the needs of the student are met.
The candidate for this position will have a high school diploma or equivalent. College coursework in bookkeeping or accounting preferred. Experience performing the described above for one year may substitute for coursework. One year work experience in an office environment processing, recording or compiling accounting, bookkeeping or cashiering transactions.
The following skills are required:
- Clear understanding of the human resources process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a variety of computer applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to MUApplicants@marianuniversity.edu. Please use ‘Student Financial Services Representative’ in the subject line of the email.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.