Environmental Service Attendant
Position Title: Environmental Service Attendant
Department Facilities Management
Reports To: Environmental Service Attendant Lead
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, cleaning and keeping an orderly condition in all campus locations.
- Cleans offices, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and Marian standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies.
- May shampoo and clean carpets or buff and polish floors, which will require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
- No previous experience required.
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license if assigned to drive a vehicle.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Environmental Service Attendant’ in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: December 30, 2020
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.