|Position Title: ||Dishwasher / Utility Worker |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Food Service |
|Reports To: ||Assistant Manager of the Dining Hall |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by managing the constant flow of dishes into dish room for long stretches of time without a break; in addition this position must scrape, wash, rinse and sanitize large cooking pots, sheet pans, utensils, in sinks. This position must constantly re-stack dishes as they become available to restock the plates, silverware, bowls, and other items for use in the dining hall. Other cleaning and other duties as assigned, and many other pieces of equipment.
- Cleans equipment and surfaces according to department procedures and schedules, which may include but is not limited to: ovens, stoves, fryers, hoods, steam kettles, mixers, walls, vents, ceilings, refrigerators, freezers, grease traps, carts, tables, counters, dish machines, floors, pots, pans, and catering equipment.
- Routinely scrapes dishes, loads and unloads dishwashing machines; prepares clean and sanitized dishes, utensils and glasses for meal service.
- Ensures that all items including dishes, utensils, and glassware are clean and sanitary prior to placing them into service include delivering food carts and collecting trays from dining areas when requested by Supervisor.
- Assists storeroom workers in unloading deliveries and placing stock in storeroom or refrigerators and freezers.
- Transports trash and garbage to disposal area, maintaining sanitary conditions in work areas.
- Sweeps and mops work areas as needed.
- Logs dishwashing machine temperatures and immediately reports any variances from required operating temperatures to Supervisor.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all regulations and standards of health and safety are met at all times, and that the kitchen remains hygienic.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any equipment malfunctions or breaks down or if any safety or sanitation hazards are suspected or exist.
- Assists in training new employees, as requested by supervisor.
- Attends department meetings and in-service programs, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict situations.
- Ability to interact politely and resolve customer service issues.
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Skills in basic math computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decisions in an expeditious manner.
- Skilled at setting a good example for others.
- Ability to concentrate and focus in a noisy environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Dishwasher / Utility Worker” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.