|Position Title: ||Director of Institutional Research |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Academic Affairs |
|Reports To: ||Vice President for Academic Affairs |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, providing relevant and reliable data and information for use in supporting institutional planning, assessment, and decision making.
- Responds to internal and external requests for information by gathering, assembling and organizing relevant institutional data and metrics in support of the strategic compass.
- Provides coordination oversight and serves as liaison from the University to various authorities to provide data, complete reports, research studies, and surveys for the federal, state, and local levels (i.e. U.S. News, SSI, PSOL, NSSE, FSSE, IPEDS, CUPA, WAICU, Higher Learning Commission, DOE, etc.)
- Serves as a liaison and provides necessary support, reports and data for the University’s organization effectiveness, planning accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities.
- Prepares program review statements for changes in programs. This includes oversight of Academic Codebook and CIPs.
- Disseminates, collects, analyzes, and archives course evaluations.
- Manages, analyzes, and tracks internal surveys (exit and graduation, enrollment, etc.), including a survey calendar.
- Responsible for analyzing data from administrative units in support of institutional planning, assessment, and decision making.
- Provides benchmarking and data on enrollment trends, retention, staffing, workload, student-faculty ratio, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and grant applications.
- Directs or participates in institution-wide assessment of student-learning outcomes and institutional-research activities.
- Produces the annual Marian University Fact Book.
- Provides Return on Investment (ROI) analysis new and existing programs.
- Assists in Assurance of Student Learning data collection and analysis.
- Develops and implements processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources including internal systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education institutions.
- Works with areas of the college responsible for data input to improve process for collecting and inputting accurate data into the data system
- Evaluates methodology, cost, and feasibility of each new request involving complex information and/or reporting requirements; produce a response weighted according to the need, source and cost of the request.
- Creates, formats, and delivers presentations on institutional data and analyses at high levels, including senior administrators and Board of Trustees, and the respective Faculty, Staff, and Student Senates.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred. Three years of experience in institutional research, planning and higher education administration. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of research methods and advanced statistical analysis techniques, as well as, statistical analysis software.
- Experience in identifying, generating and using data for problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to develop, write and present research studies, surveys and reports.
- Ability to present and explain difficult, complicated concepts both verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current higher education issues, assessment and accreditation.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including statistical software and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated confidentiality of sensitive information, such as faculty/staff/administration data, and student records in compliance with FERPA.
- Willingly support the Mission and Core Values of Marian University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Director of Institutional Research” in the subject line of the email.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.