Director of Field Experience & Licensing Officer
Position Title: Director of Field Experience & Licensing Officer
Reports To: Chair, Department of Education
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by facilitating the clinical placement model, and serves as the official licensure officer for the education department.
- Acts as licensure officer for all education students.
- Reviews licensure requirements and entitles students for licensure.
- Communicates with the students, Chair of Teacher Education, and Department of Public Instruction.
- Serves as an advisor to graduate students in teacher education, providing information on registration, policies, procedures, and licensure programs.
- Maintains a complete, up-to-date and accurate file on each advisee in a secure
- Sends students timely communications to provide them with updated information about registration, program progression, and program requirements.
- Notifies the department chair of student enrollment problems and related
- Communicates via email, phone and/or in person with cooperating school district in a variety of educational settings to develop clinical placements.
- Coordinates with faculty to determine the numbers of student placements needed at each semester, level, and type of experience needed.
- Facilitates request for practicum and internships in academic program
- Organizes and maintains graduate student requests, confirmations, and communications between the department and clinical site (welcome letters, thank you letters, etc.).
- Updates and maintains clinical placement information with Chalk and Wire.
- Confirms placements with faculty and cooperating school district with timely follow up communications.
- Ensures all partnership agreements with cooperating school districts are current.
- Collaborates with faculty to ensure processes are effective and efficient.
- Maintains accurate records regarding clinical placements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree
- Holds a valid Wisconsin teaching licensure
- Knowledge of K-12 education systems
- Effective communicator
- Excellent computer-based organizational skills
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple institutions
- Able to maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
- Excellent public relations skills using proper electronic and interpersonal etiquette
- Able to create and improve systems for organization of many variables
- Able to take the initiative to solve or improve problems and situations proactively without needing supervision
- Committed to academic excellence, continuous improvement, equity, diversity and inclusive practices.
- PhD in Education
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Director of Field Experience & Licensing Officer’ in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2021
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.