|Position Title: ||Director of Budget and Analysis |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Business and Finance |
|Reports To: ||Vice President for Finance and Administration |
|FLSA: ||Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, Providing financial and budgetary development and policy, through the preparation of accurate revenue and budgetary forecasts, delivering accurate analytical reports and solutions; ensures the constant accuracy and updating of the Marian University’s budget; performs report-writing and analysis in support of the University’s strategic goals; provides day-to-day service and support to the Business and Finance Office.
- Develop bi-annual budget on a macro basis and a detailed budget on an annual basis for the University. Analyze variances and monitor payroll and operating costs budgets on a monthly basis. Resolve day-to-day budget related issues.
- Develops and implements a wide range of effective reporting solutions and analytics for financial decision making.
- Works with and supports the Business and Finance Office and the University’s financial leadership in the evaluation of business requirements that affect financial reporting and analytics; develops solutions to various business needs related to financial reporting and analytics.
- Creates/modifies legacy system reports as needed using SQL.
- Prepare monthly metrics reports, internal management reports, and external regulatory reports
- Present financial data, progress, and performance metrics information for briefings and other presentations
- Research complex accounting issues and errors to find solutions
- Provide direction for development and implementation of the University’s annual operating budget through completion of accurate projections
- Develop predictive models to analyze financial consequences of policy or program changes to provide management with relevant insight and policy options and support strategic decision making
- Monitor tuition revenues against projections and provide variance reporting
- Work with assigned administration to prepare and evaluate budget requests. Monitor assigned budgets to ensure fiscal and budgetary goals are met. Prepare associated correspondence that may include an analysis of issues impacting each assigned area.
- Provide expertise in administrative, data warehouses and reporting systems that serve as key data access points, utilizing current data extraction methodologies.
- Extrapolate, analyze and manipulate ERP financial data to generate reports and disseminate them across campus departments.
- Collaborate with Vice President for Finance and Administration to create and implement a system of annual budget submission for all departments.
- Work cross-functionally with departments to set-up reporting and data collection processes. Develop, maintain and distribute various financial reports
- Assist in the development of financial policies, procedures, systems and work policies
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Accounting or Business
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial analysis, budget, forecasting, modeling, trend analysis, accounting. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in implementing change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area.
- Ability to understand complex, integrated, state-of-the-art and legacy computer systems. Broad technical skills in financial systems development or application support.
- Analytical ability in reviewing financial information, along with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to utilize advanced budget principles and concepts to independently develop standard and ad-hoc reports in a variety of formats, budgetary models and spreadsheets, and systems for extracting and reporting critical budget/financial data, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, team orientation, planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage multiple high priorities with competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power Point
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use “Director of Budget & Analysis” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by December 1, 2021, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.