Coordinator of Special Events
Position Title: Coordinator of Special Events
Reports To: Vice President for Advancement & Alumni
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by coordinating and overseeing special event planning efforts at Marian University, particularly those associated with advancement, fundraising and external engagement.
Coordinating Events -85%
- Establishes and directs event schedules, timelines and priorities.
- Responsible for the development, coordination, reporting and assessment of internal and external special events.
- Assists the Office of Marketing & Communication with advertising and public relations related to special events.
- Supervise event registration and manage databases, surveys and other event-related outcomes data.
- Direct event staff, providing direction and coaching to ensure event expectations are met.
- Work cooperatively with other areas of the University to strengthen relationships and identify event programming opportunities and target audiences.
- Places a special emphasis on events related to functions of the Office of the President, including those involving the engagement of Marian University’s stakeholders, namely alumni, parents, and friends, and those involving the solicitation of funds from said stakeholders.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the Marian University community and stakeholders, both on and off campus.
Administrative – 10%
- Create and oversee the execution of event-related strategic plans and activities as well as establish policies, procedures and event standards.
- Develops and monitors budgets, tracking event-related expenses and revenues, in a timely and consistent manner.
- Oversee marketing communication and message development, in partnership with the Office of Marketing & Communication; including invitations, electronic communications, brochures, event materials, etc.
- Maintains constant interaction with the Executive Assistant to the President to ensure effective communication and reporting on all events pertaining to the Office of the President.
Performs other work related duties as assigned -5%
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent required; bachelor’s preferred. Two years of special events planning or related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet stringent deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computing skills. Experience with desktop publishing programs considered a plus.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Coordinator of Special Events” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.