|Position Title: ||Coordinator of Special Events & Organizational Success |
|FTE: ||1.0 |
|Department: ||Advancement |
|Reports To: ||Vice President for Advancement & Alumni Relations |
|FLSA: ||Non-Exempt |
| || |
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, coordinating and overseeing special event planning efforts at Marian University, particularly those associated with advancement, the Center for Organizational Success, fundraising and internal and external engagement; collaborates to create the theme and brand of each event as well as define the purpose, and outcomes for gatherings as well as program effectiveness; handles all aspects of event planning from event production, coordinating communications, overseeing logistical details, and creating and monitoring event budgets
Coordinating Events -85%
- Oversees and directs logistics of internal and external event planning, implementation and follow-up. This includes all aspects of event coordination: site selection, invitations and marketing collateral materials, web content and updates, guest list production, communications, tracking RSVPs, registration and seating charts, vendor contracts and relations, soliciting event sponsors, event set-up and breakdown, guest and donor stewardship such as writing thank you letters and proper staffing.
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining the calendar of events occurring on and off campus; help to maximize the use of the campus events in accordance with policies by Administration
- Work with the community and be involved with the local chamber of commerce to develop community relationships and build use of the college campus; give tours of the facility.
- Maintains product and service quality standards.
- Order and coordinate event materials and displays.
- Develop catering packets and menus to fit the needs of our clientele.
- Assists the Office of Marketing & Communication with advertising and public relations related to special events.
- Supervise event registration and manage databases, surveys and other event-related outcomes data.
- Work cooperatively with other areas of the University to strengthen relationships and identify event programming opportunities and target audiences.
- Places a special emphasis on events related to functions of the Office of the President, including those involving the engagement of Marian University’s stakeholders, namely alumni, parents, and friends, and those involving the solicitation of funds from said stakeholders.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the Marian University community and stakeholders, both on and off campus.
Administrative – 10%
- Create and oversee the execution of event-related strategic plans and activities as well as establish policies, procedures and event standards.
- Develops and monitors budgets, tracking event-related expenses and revenues, in a timely and consistent manner.
- Oversee marketing communication and message development, in partnership with the Office of Marketing & Communication; including invitations, electronic communications, brochures, event materials, etc.
- Insure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Maintains constant interaction with the Executive Assistant to the President to ensure effective communication and reporting on all events pertaining to the Office of the President.
Other Responsibilities – 5%
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent required; two years of direct special events planning or related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to be a creative thinker as well as a practical implementer
- Display strong interpersonal skills for building lasting relationships
- Ability to comfortably execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computing skills. Experience with desktop publishing programs considered a plus.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Business Administration, Project Management, Hospitality, or related field.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Coordinator of Special Events & Organizational Success” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by June 8, 2022, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.