Business Services Assistant
Position Title: Business Services Assistant
Department Office of Business and Finance
Reports To: Associate Vice President & Controller
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, developing, maintaining, and continuously improving gift and biographical data entry. This includes systems, reporting, reconciliation, and data infrastructure to support donor relations and gift stewardship systems and processes in a way which maximizes its usefulness for the Office of Business and Finance and Marian University.
Administrative Support – 95%
- Prepares monthly donation reports for payroll processing.
- Serve as a resource for benefactors, alumni and the University in gathering pertinent information as requested.
- Prepares gift transactions for posting and prepares related donor tax correspondence.
- Prepares, maintains and reconciles monthly donor reporting.
- Provide administrative support by assisting with the maintenance of donor records database, contact information and other updates as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned. – 5%
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years prior administrative support or bookkeeping experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be accurate with numbers and data.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain ethical comportment and high regard for confidentiality.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Business Services Assistant’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.