Budgeting & Financial Reporting Manager
Position Title: Budgeting & Financial Reporting Manager
Department Office of Business and Finance
Reports To: Associate Vice President of Budgeting, Systems and Analytics
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by, identifying, executing and delivering efficient reporting and analytic solutions for all financial systems supported by the Marian University Office of Business and Finance. The Budgeting & Financial Reporting Manager works closely with the central and business units to assess complex financial reporting needs.
Financial Reporting and Analytic Solutions – 95%
- Develops and implements a wide range of effective reporting solutions and analytics for financial decision making.
- Supports the University Assistant Vice President of Budget, Systems and Analytics in the evaluation of business requirements that affect financial reporting and analytics.
- Works with central accounting staff and university-wide end-users and committees, develops solutions to various business needs related to financial reporting and analytics.
- Supports university-wide communication and training initiatives related to financial reporting; and performs other related duties assigned.
- Analyzes business needs by working with business owners to determine whether existing processes and reports are in place, or if new reporting and analytics solutions need to be designed and developed.
- Creates technical/functional requirements and specification documents.
- Creates/modifies legacy system reports as needed using SQL.
- Provides timely and professional guidance and direction to end users with a high level of quality assurance.
- Communicates with trainers and end users regarding new reports, enhancements and report issues.
- Defines training needs related to financial reports and related systems.
- Maintains a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community.
- Performs other work-related duties as necessary or as assigned. – 5%
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Accounting or Business and two years of related experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of SQL reporting tools.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in implementing change initiatives as a technical expert within a specified product or process area.
- Ability to understand complex, integrated, state-of-the-art and legacy computer systems. Broad technical skills in financial systems development or application support.
- Skills in planning, organization and project management.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to provide superior customer service to end users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Power Point
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University
Education, Skills, and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Accounting or Business and four years of related experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to email@example.com. Please use ‘Budgeting & Financial Reporting Manager’ in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.